“Quality Certification in the Cloud”
This case study involved a software engineering firm, with expertise in the development of bespoke projects and vertical ERPs for a variety of sectors, which boasted a portfolio of clients across the country; 95% of its staff is made up of fully qualified engineers.
The manufacturer had developed a cloud-based Quality Certification System. Theirs was an innovative product based on a pioneering idea, but faced a number of challenges which prevented it from being profitable:
- The market required segmentation to identify different niches or segments.
- The product needed to be oriented to the various target segments (in keeping with the different end client profiles).
- The need for a disruptive and aggressive business model that would challenge the status quo in the world of quality standard certification.
- The need for a sales system that could be easily exported to different international markets that could be exploited by distributors and agents outside the company.
The team at DaaS Group advised the manufacturer on the points that were critical in the distribution of their product nationwide, critically examining the company’s distribution-related processes in order to improve them, by:
- Defining priority segments for market entry by way of an express market test to obtain the information needed to orient the product to said segments.
- Defining a SaaS Enterprise business model which encapsulated the various agents providing services into a single service for the customer; developing the entire brand image and defining a unifying marketing message based on a “Do it yourself” concept that was 75% cheaper than traditional certification.
- Tailoring the product and the market targeted by the complete sales model, encapsulating the system in a set of documents, tools and metrics allowing for the systematic and repeatable success in sales.
- Support in the building of the product distribution network at the national level, creating new sales networks in keeping with the product. Ongoing monitoring of the sales network, which allowed the manufacturer to focus its effort, talent and resources on the product, letting us handle its marketing and sales processes.
- The manufacturer has been able to successfully replicate the developed sales model in other markets.